Westminster, V-Day and other Tuesday Randomness

Thank you to those of you who reached out to me about my post yesterday. I felt compelled to say something. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen news coverage of a story where I was an insider and have seen not only errors in interpretation but errors in fact as well. In this case, I was not an insider but I felt I had a perspective that might show the story in a different light. Anyhow, here is Crossroads's thoughtful and prayer-led response.

So, in other news, Serena's grand-dogs are competing at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show this week.

Serena has been watching the live stream. (I think she might need reading glasses as she keeps leaving nose prints on the screen!)

She had to wipe away a tear of happiness when her grand-dogter Vivienne got her American CH status.


Serena is a former champion too. She was best Frenchie in Canada in 2008 (CH Foxmoor Petit Cherie Nevertheless.) So that she is not too disappointed by her demotion to pet status in the suburbs, every now and then I give her a round of applause. I was explaining this to a friend of mine - how I feel responsible for keeping the ego intact of a former champion - and she looked at me and said "You couldn't just get a regular golden retriever like everyone else."

Of course not.

A friend of mine gave me a buddha board as a housewarming gift this weekend. I've always wanted one of these. I have trouble letting things go and this will help me in that process.

I bought myself some roses in anticipation of Valentines Day:

And maybe a little something else:

Well, kittens, I have to get back to my painting and drawing. I'm in the final stretch so wish me luck!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...