Wishlist Wednesday

All the spring shelter mags are out, which means the wishlist is long. It's funny, there was a time when beautiful things would have led to a laundry list of sins: coveting, envy, greed. But now I can look at the pieces as though they were in a museum. I mean, I don't go to the Musée de l'Orangerie and expect to go home with the Nymphéas (I gave it a go but those suckers are really stuck to those walls.) So in keeping with Paul's advice to dwell on what is lovely, here are the things that make me happy to live on such a beautiful and creative planet!

This month's House and Home is really pretty. I love it when there is more of a focus on decorating than design. I'm not as much of a kitchen and bath person as I am a furniture and fabric gal. I love these pieces from the April issue:

Love the bed of roses rug by Dash & Albert. Great for a bedroom or nursery or for a modern living room with all neutrals. Or you can throw it in the kind of overstuffed Reversal of Fortune Chic space I love. Yummy! I'm going to use an outdoor rug in my little summer house but I hope I can find something this pretty!

Love the Reese bench from Colleen McGill's Plum Furniture and Design Solutions. Gorgeous in the raspberry colour. All of her pieces are amazing. Such talent. And she's Toronto based!

The Ombre rug by Kelly Wearstler for The Rug Company is amazing. I'd love it to add a hit of modernity to an otherwise traditional space.

This Paris Desk from James Duncan is insanely good.

April's AD has some lustworthy goods as well:

I love collaborations. Madeline Weinrib. Manolo Blahnik. Hello!

Speaking of collaborations. Love Kathryn Ireland's Scalamandré collection based on the fabric house's archives. AD offers a sneak peak.

OK, it's an ad for The Rug Company, but every time I see the Alexander McQueen Hummingbird rug, it makes me happy.

April's Town & Country had this amazing floral commode from Côté France.

Gorgeous!

Hope that lifts your spirits on this Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Not all beach walks and clam chowder

For the most part, our seaside adventure has been a good one. You can't beat the view. The beaches are beautiful. And the clam chowder i...