Frugal Friday

Today, I'm taking my assistant to the vet to get her stitches out. Hopefully she'll start being more productive after this. Right now, all she wants to do is lie in the sun and chill. I suspect she's taking advantage.

I've started some preliminary work on my little garden house. It had been closed up for the winter when I bought the house so I was not sure what I was working with. We have power and cable so that opens up a few more possibilities for using this as a summer entertaining space. Basically, I want to turn what is basically a screened-in garden shed into the Lyford Cay Club.

I'm going to paint the interior of the garden house white and attempt to spray the outdoor funiture white too (if this fails, the set owes me nothing since I've had it sooo long.) I've picked up some bargoon indoor/outdoor Trina Turk for Schumacher fabric from The Designer's Attic (one of the school moms told me about this amazing source!) for cushions.



I have picked up some cheap finds from Target's Threshold Modern Cottage collection that give a Palm Beach Chic / Chinoiserie vibe:

I promised my kids I'd let them help so it should really be an adventure pulling this one together.

I'll post as plans unfold.

Have a safe and happy weekend, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Life's a beach

After a whole lot of packing and driving and putting together furniture and dealing with the water, this is what it's all about... ...