Type Tuesday. Bunny dresses, social committees and One Better

Serena continues to recover well after her surgery. She thanks you for all the well-wishes.

This post is a bit late, as I spent the morning with the social committee at the club.  Social committee. Me. People, it's all very Isaiah 43:19:
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

I love it. And of course, after the meeting, the social committee likes to socialize. And then Anthropologie sprung a 20% off dresses thing on us (this is how women work - one of us gets the email and feels obliged to let the group know asap - no wonder social media marketing is all over my demographic.) So I bustled over to see if they still had the Franziska shirtdress in my size, because - hello! - bunny print, Easter.

They did! I can wear it to church and brunch. Brunch has been pushed back time wise, which is great because I'm teaching Sunday school and it would be very inappropriate if I rushed through the program so I could get to the eggs benny.

I'm still reading Mended and it's still great. The chapter I loved this week reminded us that as Christians, we are not expected to be perfect. But we are expected to do "one better." Tidy that room, talk to that friend in crisis, take that extra time with your kids. As Joyce Meyer reminds us often, being a Christian means taking your shopping cart back at the supermarket. One. Better.

I love this idea and try to remind myself of this throughout the day. Stay that extra minute to hold open the door, pick up something for someone else on my errands, focus a little more during story time.

Not everything. Not all the time. Just one better.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Jen..."not everything. not all the time. just one better." Yes. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...