Wish List Wednesday

My favourite shelter magazine of all time was Domino. I was so sad when it stopped being published and I'm happy to see them on the newsstand once again, if only in those gold-plated $12.99 "special edition" publications.

I was excited to see that there is a Small Spaces issue out for spring because, hey, I have a small space! And Domino never fails to disappoint, adding about 800 items to my wish list. I always think it's interesting how small spaces are perceived to be a challenge. Personally I find them easier to style. Nice things are not cheap and unless you are richer than Croesus, it's hard to decorate a large place and make it look good.

On my wish list (and this one is super affordable at C$299) is CB2's acrylic waterfall table.

I also love this trunk as another coffee table option.

I'm a huge fan of lucite and acrylic and glass in small footprints since they do not take up visual space. If I had anything other than ghost chairs in my miniature dining room (packed with a bar, china cabinet, piano, and table for 6-8), it would look absurd.

I've been thinking of cool screens for my living room. I refuse to work in a basement, so although I have a decent space down there for a home office / design studio, I prefer to squish my office into my living room, which is nice and sunny and gives me a view of lost of old trees. My office is in a 4 X 4 corner and although I work on a pretty antique drop leaf desk, I usually have it open and messy. And while my glass and steel laptop cart, cherrywood printer stand and Herman Miller Aeron desk chair are all pretty pieces on their own, they are a bit of an eyesore squished into a corner. I'd also like to put up a mood board and it just would not work with the old paintings in the rest of the space. So I'm looking at the idea of screens. I figure I could put a moodboard on the back.

Domino shows show great screen options. The Fornasetti Libreria is my favourite (of course it is, ringing in at C$17,900. Sigh.)

I think I'll have to look into some of the less expensive options online. Domino gives lots of links I have yet to explore.

My final wishlist item comes from Anthopologie. The fox hunt plate collection would look fab in my dining room and bring in the whole horse and hound English Style look I love. At $1800, it's going to remain on the wish list for a while, though.

I'm off to work out and go to a lunch event with Lorie Hartshorn.

Later, poodles,

xo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Life's a beach

After a whole lot of packing and driving and putting together furniture and dealing with the water, this is what it's all about... ...