Colour predictions, weekend gluttony, and spring has sprung.


Spring is Sprung, the grass is riz.

So have my tulips.



And look at the magnolia blossoms.



I can see it all from my latest kijiji $25 find. Yes, that's my second fan chair. Apparently, I'm an addict.



Beulah, peel me a grape...

All I need is a haint blue porch ceiling, a bird girl statue, and a drink in my hand to bring a little Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil to Oakville.

“Rule number one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen.”

Speaking of which... busy weekend. I was out for dinner at Jump on Friday night, Dinner at Mildred's Temple Saturday night and brunch in OTown on Sunday. At Mildred's, I had gnocchi poutine, steak frites and I had part of a peanut butter banana tart, profiteroles and bread pudding for dessert. Obscene, I know.

I'm not speaking until she apologizes for leaving me at the office with a bowl of raw meat. 

Saturday, I had the immense pleasure of participating in ChromaZone Toronto for the Color Marketing Group. Have you ever wondered how they pick the colours that appear on your range and on your car and on your sofa and in your closet? Have you ever suspected that there is some super-secret group that meets like the Illuminati in Tomb Raider to determine what we will all be wearing next year.

You are not wrong.

The Colour Marketing Group (CMG) is "an international not-for-profit Association of 1,100 Color Designers who forecast Color Directions® one to three years in advance for all industries, manufactured products and services." I attended the Toronto workshop to help determine what colours will trend in 2015 in Canada. Along with the other attendees - professors of colour theory and interior and fashion designers and paint company execs  - I got to present my forecast colours (most of which I based on signals from pinterest, instagram, Hollywood and the runway.) It's an amazing process and at the end of a 9 hour day, we were in a position to submit the Toronto palette, which will help inform the 2015 North American palette decided later this year. Not only did we get to choose the colours but we also got to name them! I've been sworn to secrecy until the results are public but, boy oh boy, is 2015 going to be a great year, colour-wise. (You can thank us later!) The session was lead by CMG President Mark Woodman, who I'm totally crushing on because a cobalt blue cashmere sweater paired with a pink and white checked shirt is just all kinds of good. Plus, we had a nice little chat about haint blue. I was among my people...

In order to help us keep up our strength, the good people at SOFA's Distinctive Appliances (Mirella you rock!) cooked us an amazing lunch, including chocolate covered strawberries. Delish!



This morning I went for a run to the gym and this afternoon for a bike ride to try to repair some of the damage from the weekend.

I also finished writing the business book today. 55,000 words and I like them all (which, for a perfectionist writer, is saying something!)

I'm going to go celebrate as only I know how.



Later, gators,

xo Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

See Hear Love Taping

Happy Monday! Teddy says hello! He loves to chew on just about everything, but his favourites seem to be LL Bean's Wicked Good Sl...