Parisian Glamour: You Had Me at Trumeau

I've highlighted three of my five go-to styles: Palm Beach Chic, Country Club Traditional (aka The Oakville) and English Eccentric. Next up is Parisian Glamour.

I love this look for bedrooms and bath. It says "there is a diva in the house," and there is nothing wrong with that. (My very sweet neighbour was looking at Serena the other day and commented that "she looks very high maintenance." I could tell that he was actually talking about me.)

This Jean Louis Deniot designed apartment featured in AD is my idea of perfection. 


The panels, the french grey, the marble fireplace, the classic sculpture. Gorgeous! 

And the bathroom...



If I owned that tub, I'd never get out. I'd sit in there drinking champagne and reading Paris Match until I looked like a raisin.

Claudia of The Paris Apartment is amazing at creating the Parisian Glamour look (one of her Paris shopping trips is on my bucket list.) The settee. Bonjour!




I also adore the lovely Lidy's French Garden House. This chaise! I die! 


And I in the GTA, I love French Market Collection (available to the trade - email me if you need some French goodness.) 

Of course, nothing about France is cheap but I think every woman, especially every woman who has suffered a reversal of fortune, needs a little bit of Paris in her life. Here are some touches I added to my space to up the glam factor. 


Nothing says Paris more than Chanel or Dior. I like to use elegant handbags and shoes as decor (I wear them too of course! Good design is a movable feast.) It seems a shame to hide such pretty things in one's closet and having them out encourages me to wear them more. 

My Josephine bust came from Petits et Jolis in Oakville and Tamara can also source the Santini sculptures. I'm a huge fan of trumeau mirrors and scored a great one on sale at Winterberry Lane. The Deyrolle-esque butterflies are a Homesense find. 

Now, I can lounge around, reading True Pleasures: A Memoir of Women in Paris and practically taste the croissants. If I use my Nars Cruella lip pencil (the most Parisian of lip shades) the whole effect makes me feel like this:


Love! 

When I wear my Hermes scarf, Marion has nothing on me.

Well, have to fly. Have some work to do and tennis to play and kids to parent.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Not all beach walks and clam chowder

For the most part, our seaside adventure has been a good one. You can't beat the view. The beaches are beautiful. And the clam chowder i...