The 99th post, Filou, and a contest

So, this is my 99th post on this blog. Because I've been blogging forever, it does not seem like that big a deal. It's not like I've not written 99 posts before. But when I think of where I was when I wrote my first post on this particular blog to where I am now, it's a very big deal indeed. A new life in 100 blog posts - not a bad concept...

To celebrate, I'm doing do a little giveaway from Filou Designs (thank you Fiona!!!) I first discovered Filou at Belle de Provence at Bayview Village a few years ago and loved the Canadian handcrafted sterling silver pieces. I have been looking for a coral-inspired piece this season and thought I'd remembered that Filou had one. I was in luck! 





At $51 including a 16" chain, it's a steal. I upgraded to the 30" chain and the piece looks fab with white jeans and a navy tee. I'm complimented every time I wear it and it's my go-to summer piece along with my Elsa Peretti starfish. I figure that if you cannot go to the ocean each summer, you have to bring the ocean to you! Best thing is, each piece is handcrafted in Vancouver by artist Fiona Louie (hence Filou!)

Fiona has kindly offered a 10% discount on all orders for readers of Dwell on These Things (see, aren't you glad you've been sticking around since the T.O. Mama/MUBAR days in 2004!) . To get your discount, shop online at www.filoudesigns.com and enter code DWELLONTHESETHINGS for 10% off regular priced in stock items online, valid until August 1, 2013 (not valid on gift certificates, special orders, custom letterpress bracelets, shipping, or with any other offer.)

If I were buying, I'd be picking up this pinecone necklace ($70 including 16" chain)


or the clamshell ($68 including 16" chain)


Fiona has also generously sent along a gorgeous little sterling silver flower pendant on a 16" chain for one very lucky Dwell on These Things reader.




To enter for a chance to win, comment on this blog, our facebook page or via twitter (or if you are very shy, you can email me at jen [at] dwellonthesethings [dot] com - I just need to know who you are and how to contact you.) Contest is open until 11pm EST on June 6th, 2013. Draw will be June 7th.

Next week I'll be writing about a fabulous talk given by Jamie Alexander yesterday at SOFA. He shared some great business advice and then got into all things High Point Market. Delicious!

In the meantime, I have to dash to do some more drawing for my class. I'm also moving forward on the summer house project with some fab green fabric to complement the Trina Turk/Schumacher navy and white. Busy busy.

I got the last 4 yards! 

Take care, kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...