Last chance for Filou goodness and the Summer House Reveal.

First off, it's the last day to let me know if you want to enter for the draw for Filou Design's gorgeosa sterling silver pendant.



I'm going to do the draw tomorrow based on comments, tweets, emails and people talking to me on the playground. I'll have my assistant pull the name to make things fair. If you are into bribery, she is on a raw diet and likes diamond collars.


I also like Hermès scarves. 

***

So, I apologize for the little blogging absence. I bit off more than I could chew with the addition of the art class to my schedule. My first big assignment is due tomorrow along with my sketchbook, so I've been working like a maniac.




I should have postponed the summer house project but I'm stubborn. I ended up spending most of a week painting. Thankfully, it's all done now.

So, what started out with an unfinished outdoor screened room:










And a curbside find of two rattan bar stools:




Inspired a vision that was a little bit Lilly:




And a little bit Lyford:


Only I had a verrry tight budget.

So I Kijijied:







And I painted




And painted and painted and painted...

Until the ceiling was a beautiful haint blue (my own special Benjamin Moore creation.)



And the walls were Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls.



The über-talented Anne of Old Oakville Slipcovers transformed 1980s floral cushions into Palm Beach Chic goodness using fabric from The Designer's Attic and Designer Fabrics.





And Target and Jysk and consignment stores were hit for cheap chic accessories.






And it all came together.










All in all, I'm pretty happy with it all. It was a crazy bargain. The whole thing cost me about $1500 including paint (Benjamin Moore Aura - the wood absorbed paint like crazy so I ended up doing 3 coats), outdoor fabric (including Trina Turk for Schumacher, which I got for a steal online), furniture (via Kijiji - it's gorgeous Indonesian rattan and the 8 piece dining room and living room set were $275 in total, the fan chair was $25), rugs (Jysk zebra for $59), accessories (the Jysk lantern prints at $4.95 each were the bargain of the lot), and labour (upholstery.) For a job using high end fabric, that's a good deal. If I were to do it again, I'd pay someone to paint. For my first painting job, it was totally insane very ambitious.

All I have to do now is throw a shindig. Luckily, Island View, the Lilly Pulitzer shop, is opening in Oakville on July 9 so there will be lots of Palm Beach chic goodness I can wear. (Or I can continue in savings mode and pull out my vintage 1970s Lilly maxi-dress.)


Choices, choices.

Well, it's now happily back to real life and a more regular blogging schedule. Stay tuned tomorrow for the big draw.


Good luck, kittens.

Update! Congratulations to Filou winner Sheila D. Your necklace is on its way!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

See Hear Love Taping

Happy Monday! Teddy says hello! He loves to chew on just about everything, but his favourites seem to be LL Bean's Wicked Good Sl...