Weekend Recap and a New Planner

Busy weekend. I was up north, which meant I did a little of this:





And a little of this:







And a whole lot of this:

Somebody call PETA...

But not much of anything else. 

So, I'm a bit behind the eight ball again. I spent today paying bills, sending out invoices, and doing some writing for clients. 

I've realized that my current time management system (aka do what I feel like until it's time to pick up the kids) will not work come September. I needed a scheduling system that will cater to a full-time student/single-parent/entrepreneur/writer. I've done Palm Pilot, Blackberry, iPhone and just about every app out there but I've always preferred paper-based systems. I've used Filofax since the late 1980s but Filofax refills are getting harder to find than hens' teeth and since I had to go online to source a new refill, I decided to research some new systems. The one that appealed the most was Whitney English's The Day Designer: A Yearly Strategic Planner and Daily Agenda for the Creative Entrepreneur


She's pretty, no? 

And practical:





And Creative Entrepreneur sounds so like what I want to be. 

I'm at my happiest when embarking upon a new self-improvement project (like that summer of 1992 when I really got into The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People) so I'm kind of psyched. I'll let y'all know how I like the system once I've given it a go. 

In the meanwhile, I have to shake a leg and get back to work.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...