Spring has sprung

Now that it looks like spring had finally arrived, I've been too busy to really enjoy it.

It's all good stuff. I got everything into my accountant, which makes me feel virtuous. I've received my market update from my finance guy. My car is booked in for its servicing and tire switch. I unwrapped the summer house out back (my paint job remained intact over the cold winter!) My highlights have been touched up (I grow ever darker as I attempt to morph into Clemence.) I've also been busy doing a bit of freelance work for a colleague.


On Monday, I went to a live taping of 100 Huntly Street US and saw Michael W. Smith in concert. Eric Metaxas (Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy), who is far more Jimmy Kimmel than Pat Robertson (phew!) teased Michael about his People magazine's Most Beautiful status and basically forced him into a duet. Metaxas's co-host April Hernandez (Freedom Writers, Dexter) treated (if that's the right work) Smith to a little old-school hip hop. Michael W. Smith must have a picture hanging in his attic that is growing old; for a guy with 10 grandkids, he looks awfully young.




The host of the taping was my lovely friend Melinda Estabrooks who introduced me a couple of fabulous women: Eryn Faye-Frans (Canada's Passion Coach) and Dr. Merry C. Lin. I'm half way through reading Lin's new book, The Fully Lived Life: Rescuing Our Souls from All that Holds Us Back and it's marvellous. Her story had me crying at the hair salon. I feel that my career is pivoting a bit and these women gave me some great inspiration and affirmation that I am headed in the right direction.

I had a chat with the publisher last week. I have to get a few things in gear before the book comes out so I've been setting up my new business blog at EngageTheFox.com. Right now I just have a few placeholder articles there but the blog will be focused primarily on coaching, leadership, and personality-typing. Serena, of course, has insisted on writing a fashion column. And if Serena ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, so I conceded. I think I will have some fun with this and it should make the publisher and publicist happy.

This weekend, I am catching up with friends, catching up with blogs and trying to enjoy the relative warmth and sunshine.

Have a great Sunday!!












4 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the seasonal hair changes. I am confused though. I haven't made up my mind if I want to go natural or get some professional help with my locks...I don't know who these Canadians you refer to are - Sorry! But good luck with the new blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am contemplating a long bob, so there must be something in the air....good for you on how much work you are getting done, and thank god Serena is here to keep us on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are ticking off one thing after another which is very pleasing to read about, good work. Serena's fashion column will be a certain success.
    Hasn't the sun been glorious? I walked Scout for 2 hours today, we had a great time, it was so unusual to walk on grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am such a slacker in comparison to you, that first paragraph is just incredible, I wouldn't even know what a market guy is, let alone have one.
    Hair - oy, I am now 3 shades lighter than my natural colour, which is fine in winter but now with the light changing, I'm not sure that I can cope with being an 'almost' light blonde when the sun hits my follicles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Life's a beach

After a whole lot of packing and driving and putting together furniture and dealing with the water, this is what it's all about... ...