Serena's Summer Update








While Madame was getting ready for her oceanside getaway and not blogging, I was hard at work covering Haute Couture week in Paris.



PFW is exhausting so I needed some fortification.





I ran into a couple of old pals in Saint-Germain-des-Prés.




Sadly, Choupette was not able to come and play as she is so busy with her new book and makeup line. Quel dommage!

I managed to grab a weekend flight into Nice with my new beau, Pierre. Isn't he darling!

Pierre and his bodyguard


We zipped around Cannes, San Tropez and Monaco. I love the Cote D'Azur. 







Sadly, I hadn't time to see Ms. Bourbon & Pearls in Corsica


Still, we managed to put in the time.






Paul Bocuse is such a delightful roué and on the way back to Paris, we nipped in for a quick meal at Le Sud.  




Delish. Who knew Lyon was so pretty?






I only had a day in Paris to shop on our return so I powered my way through Fauré Le Page, Cire Trudon, and Caron.





I contemplated buying one of the Fauré Le Page collars. 



But opted for a little bag instead. 

Then it was time to go home. 



Time for a nap.

xo Serena

17 comments:

  1. Hang on - are you still not talking to Valentino's pugs?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not forgiven Monty since the incident at Cipriani. - S

      Delete
  2. I was at the Hotel du Cap for my birthday before Corsica! Bugger, we must have just missed each other, I love that glamorous part of France too, Corsica was too quiet for me, I don't take well to the countryside, no matter how beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fan of glamourous, sun-soaked places too. Hotel du Cap is a perfect spot for a birthday celebration. Too bad we missed each other.

      Delete
  3. Pup's been busy. Mine have just been laying around, rolling in poop, and getting ticks. Peanut did get another hair cut so he looks quite dashing. What a wonderful adventure Serena has been on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our hobbies and Peanut has such great style!

      Delete
  4. Very well done Serena! I've long suspected Miss Thing has cramped your fab style...now what are we to make of this Pierre? Anything serious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peut-être, GSL. Pierre is a wag.

      Delete
  5. Serena is just the sort of individual one would want to travel with - so knowledgeable and chic and saucy all at once! I am signing up for her next tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Running tours sounds like an excellent sideline!

      Delete
  6. Darling, your trip is as glam as all get out - which is as it should be considering your various and obvious charms and looks. Did you see the article in NY TImes about a dog similar to yourself - lives in SF that is a big instagram star? Reckon you could did Biggie Small (name something like that) a run for his money!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Will have to check him out. I think I might have dated him during that brief time I was a backup dancer in LA. If it's the same fellow, he's a terrible cad. -S

      Delete
    2. No doubt.

      Lucky to have a full lie in at the Cap. We pulled up in our teeny dusty rental car for drinkypoos and even drinks were about $20 each (without nuts) everyone seemed to have body guards. I took a few snaps but there were sign everywhere not to take photos. I'm sure they made an exception for your darlink!

      Delete
    3. I must get there pronto. I adore overpriced drinks!

      Delete
    4. Looks like a most lovely trip on the Cote D'Azur. Despite the overpriced drinks the views are to die for! Glad you could keep busy while Miss Thang was doing her thang!
      xx

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous trips you've been on Jen. Thanks to your wonderful photos I feel like I got to travel with you. Such beautiful doggy faces too, love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...