It's beginning to look a lot...

















I was so excited to learn that Oakville is getting an independent bookstore on Lakeshore. The proprietress is a friend of a friend and I got a sneak peak at the place before its grand opening yesterday. It's gorgeous.


Archetype Books (305 Lakeshore on the old main street for any Oakvillains reading) is a curated selection of classics and current titles, as well as some gorgeous cookbooks and coffee table books. It's very charming and worth the drive if you are in the GTA (you can load up on Diptyque candles while you are at it at Soap and Water.)

Archetype has a lot of my favourite books.





















I came home with Nevil Shute's A Town Like Alice, Sloane Crosley's The Clasp and Lauren Groff's Fates and Furies.




















I'm on a bit of a reading jag. I just finished Jen Sincero's You Are a Badass (a great motivating book to kick you out of the doldrums) and am finishing They Left Us Everything, which is a terrific memoir by former Oakvillain, Plum Johnson.

Last weekend, we snuck away to Niagara Falls (or Angry Falls, as my daughter called it when she was little) for a weekend. The kids love the falls themselves and they looked very pretty with the Christmas lights. It was a nice pre-holiday break since WE CANNOT SKI in Ontario yet. Seriously. Where is the snow?

I've been decorating the house for the holidays. We do not have our tree up yet but it's still looking quite sparkly.



I repurposed a pie crust table as a bar.


I also visited a medium, which I wrote about for Huffington Post. She was amazing. Her readings are rooted in Catholicism, so it was quite angelical-celestial in nature. I'm still processing the session as it revealed some pretty amazing things.

The next few weeks are going to be very boozy busy. We are seeing the Nutcracker for the second time this season (the first was a local production with friends in the lead roles), going to a few shin-digs, and getting up to some other holly jolly activities.

I hope your days are merry and bright.








5 comments:

  1. Loved your article so much! I feel like the advice you took out of your medium experience could be rules for my life. Interesting about justice. I'm going to go read it again.
    And wow that book store looks amazing! What a treasure to arrive in Oakville.
    I don't have my tree up either because I want it to be super fresh for Christmas Eve. I did set up my bar today after procuring several boxes of French glassware yesterday at Pariscope in Elora. Also stocked up while there on Lothantique linen water- essential for ironing napkins!
    Angry Falls: hehehe. My youngest used to call Miami "Your-ami", yes of course she thought it was Miami. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! It's a lovely store. We are lucky to have it here. Your-ami. That's perfect! xo

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Clever you about the repurposing, love a bar and we have not got one and I feel very left out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, a bar seems like a necessity these days with all the grim news, doesn't it. We are supposed to have rain for Christmas. Since I can't ski, I might as well get into the whiskey. xo

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Chakras for the Chanel Set

Inspired by Chanel Thank you for your kind inquiries into my health. I was at the surgeon yesterday and the aftercare doctor ran a ...