Celebrate!

Hello strangers!

Hope you have had a lovely couple of weeks. 

We are celebrating! 




My house has sold! 


It sold after a day but we had to wait for the i's to be dotted and t's crossed for the sold sign to go up. We were able to cancel the open house for the Easter weekend, however, and have an egg hunt instead. 

Sadly, I'd packed away most of the decorations and we had to settle for Dollarama chicks in the staged mums. 


Thankfully, the bunny came in spite of the lack of decorations.


We had Easter brunch at the club since I thought there might be potential home buyers sitting at the table with us when we made our plans. 

I love Easter brunch. It allows me to gussy up a bit. And yes, even though it's a sports club, they still provided lots of chocolate eggs. 



We have had terrible weather: icy rain and snow. After a winter of mild, now there would be good skiing! 


We've had to import spring this year. 




Since the house has been for sale, I've been refusing to cook. This is my new form of sustenance.




I've been too distracted to write but I've been reading. I read Jessica Knoll's terrific Luckiest Girl Alive. I thought it would be triggering but it was quite healing, particularly when the author revealed her own story. I also read Jane Green's Saving Grace. I love Jane Green. Next up on the docket is Caroline Leavitt's Cruel Beautiful World. I adore the cover.




Mr. Selfridge and Nashville are back on the air. Love both of those series. They will keep me distracted while I finish the last of the packing. Once my house is packed, we can turn our attention to Mr. Dwell's house. Thankfully, we are keeping that one for a while while we figure out whether to sell, reno, or rent it out. Maybe one of those design shows could help us with that. We have a very telegenic dog!

(Speaking of which, Serena is looking forward to reporting for duty as a therapy dog. She starts tomorrow so please wish us luck...)

Last evening, the Mr. and I embarked on something that tears many couples apart: we went to the mattress shop to buy a new bed. We ended up splashing out on a Tempurpedic with some kind of high-tech platform thingy that guarantees us excellent sleep for the rest of our lives. Oh, how I love the promise of purchased happiness!

We move next week so I'll be offline for a bit but will be catching up with all of you via the blogworld and instagram.

Happy spring!




8 comments:

  1. Well done! Thinking of you as you move but I bet you'll have it all organized to the last detail. We went to the golf and country on Easter Sunday and it was the nicest Easter dinner, very relaxing and the buffet surprisingly good. Watching couples in furniture stores (and the worst, the dreaded Ikea) is such a nightmare, seems to bring out the worst in everyone? So good you passed the test with flying colours because couples rarely agree on mattresses, different sleeping styles etc. Two of our friends have had epic horrible fights about this.
    Your Easter outfit was perfect and wishing you and Ms. Adorable all the luck for your first gig as therapy dog and owner. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for the vote of confidence. I do tend to deal with domestic issues as one might a military campaign. I think the Mr. is slightly frightened! I was happy we were so compatible at Sleep Country as I'm sure this type of thing is fraught with peril. Glad your Easter was lovely. xo

      Delete
  2. Jen, a sold sign in one day is marvellous! The best we have ever done was 2 weeks, and we were ecstatic with that.

    All the best for the next few weeks as you move out and in and get settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The market is crazy here right now and we were feeling very grateful to be part of it! Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Hello! I've come over from 1010ParkPlace.com and have enjoyed reading your last few blog posts.

    Congratulations on selling your house, these things can be so much work and so stressful!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend,

    Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Esther, great to see you here! Thank you for the well wishes. Enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  4. So incredibly happy for you with the immediate sale of your house, Jen! This is such an exciting time in life it seems. Despite the doughnut diet you are looking fabulous. Cheers to the new house and the new chapter. The new bed is a great start!
    Happy weekend!
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Looking forward very much to the next chapter indeed. xo

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Serena and Decorating and Crystals, Oh My!

Happy end of May! For my Canadian readers, I hope you had a lovely Victoria Day weekend. It was a bit rainy here but still nice to have the...