Christmas Rx

One of the very big benefits of being Canadian (and this year, there are many!) is not having to wait until Thanksgiving to put up the Christmas stuff. I've already found the Christmas station on the radio and will start to decorate this week. Christmas has not always been a happy occasion in my life, so I work really hard to make it happy for me and my family. 

One of my favourite things this time of year are all of the Christmas movies on Hallmark and Lifetime. I love them all: the worse they are, the better they are. If it were not for the fact that we are marathoning through Gilmore Girls in anticipation of the new episodes, it would be all Christmas, all the time. 

I realize that not everyone will sit through terrible films simply because they feature lots of lights and an unambiguously happy ending. So, for you, dear readers, I've rounded up some of the better ones showing this year.

Source: IMDb


My favourite this year is Angels Sing (2013) with Harry Connick Jr., Connie Britton, and Willie Nelson. It's It's a Wonderful Life meets Nashville. Did I mention Harry Connick Jr. is in it? How can it get better than that?

Source: IMDb


Loved Charming Christmas (2015). It's filmed in Dundas Ontario, which is my very favourite town in Ontario. If it was a little closer to Toronto, I'd live there in a heartbeat. I am obsessed with its charming Main Street and love Espresso Cafe, Beanermunky Chocolates, and The Kitchen Witch shop. But I digress... The movie is Scrooge-themed with the cold-hearted business person learning the true meaning of Christmas. It's very pretty to watch and has lots of Canadian content. 

Source: IMDb


Loved Paper Angels (2014). It stars Josie Bisset from Melrose Place and the hot dad from Gossip Girl. It's about the redemptive qualities of the holidays. And it's fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Chakras for the Chanel Set

Inspired by Chanel Thank you for your kind inquiries into my health. I was at the surgeon yesterday and the aftercare doctor ran a ...