J Crew Holiday Picks

I've been struggling with anxiety of late. The US elections ugliness has been draining. And a troll has popped up on my IG yet again. Actually, troll is too flattering a term, since Das Sound Machine called Anna Kendrick a troll in Pitch Perfect 2 and she's quite lovely.

I'm trying really hard to focus on the positive things in the world.

Like this:




It feels like the old J. Crew is back, at least in terms of style.

I've picked my Wish List from the new catalogue. I'd be very happy if Santa were to leave any of these items under the Christmas tree.



Have you been watching The Crown? I like it. I was not a huge Downton fan as I found it a little soft. If I want to watch a soap opera, I'll go full Real Housewives (especially since Tinsley Mortimer is joining RHONY!). The Crown is more like Wolf Hall. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm really looking forward to the development of Princess Margaret's storyline: so much great material from which to draw. Plus, she always had terrific style.

I'm reading Alice Hoffman's newest book, Faithful, which is terrific. I'm also rereading some upcoming picks for the 1010ParkPlace book club. Author Holly Robinson is an absolute delight and I'm looking forward to discussing Folly Cove next week.

Stephen Andrew Jones, who is a terrifically funny and soulful blogger, has a beautiful piece out called Celebrate Regardless. It's a wonderful reminder as we head into the holiday season. I encourage you to head on over to his blog.


3 comments:

  1. Your picks are lovely. I purchased a coat for Miss Em during their coat sale. I just got my 25 buck rewards so I'll have to look for something worthy. I have not started The Crown yet. With Westworld, Walking Dead, and This is Us we needed something light so we started Last Chance U on Netflix. I live for college football so why the hell not. I am so over this election. I am just hoping my car starts, my toilet flushes, and my milk is not spoiled tomorrow morning. Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you, Teresa! There is a lot of great tv right now. I'll have to check out Last Chance U. I agree with your need for something light. Hope you find something fun at J. Crew with your gift card. We can't use the credit card in Canada so no rewards for us. Hope your car, toilet and fridge are in good condition tomorrow morning. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the troll. Keep sharing loveliness, you brighten my day and many others too I bet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...