The Perfect Weekend

The Mr. and I get married in 5 weeks. There is still a lot to do. When you try to wedge a wedding in between buying and selling houses and - well - life, it's a little nuts. We realized that we are so busy ticking things off a list, that we were not really enjoying the process. We decided to remedy that this weekend.

Saturday, we went into Big Smoke - aka Toronto - for some shopping on Bloor Street. We had lunch at The Windsor Arms hotel, which is a favourite of mine. It's much less busy than a lot of the hotels in the area and is great for a quiet lunch. Since we were in the fancypants city, I decided to pull out one of the big guns in my arsenal - my Dior new lock bag. It's an oldie but goody.



We are generally in a climate of abstemiousness because of moving houses and life, but The Mr. wanted to get me a wedding present. I'd had my eye on a necklace for the wedding day and nudged him toward the Van Cleef & Arpels counter at Birks.

We had success!



After trying on a number of pieces, I decided on the vintage Alhambra necklace in mother of pearl. It will make a great everyday piece too.


I have not shopped on Bloor in years. I used to be able to walk there from my house but that was a long time ago - so long ago that I made a strategic error and wore my fancypants Stuart Weitzman boots with the jacked up heels. They are fabulously comfy for wearing to a restaurant. Less fabulously comfy for wearing to run up and down Bloor. 

Saturday night, we had a few friends over for the Mr.'s birthday. We partied like it was 1999.


The foxes had a little too much champagne. 


I wore my crushed velvet dress from Anthropologie. So comfy and it got lots of compliments. Plus, pockets. Love it. Needless to say, I wore flat shoes. 


It was so fun to dress up. Most of the time, I run around in jeans and sweaters and a ponytail. It's so nice to gussy up, put on a coat of slap, and have a fancy day once in a while!

Shop the look:


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh love everything here. First of all we always have lunch at The Windsor Arms when we have a Bloor Street day, we're planning one next week actually, my father-in-law wants to do a little Christmas shopping. That necklace! I adore. What a perfect gift and I agree you'll be able to wear that constantly, it goes with everything.
    Happy birthday to your Mr. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My baby shower was held in the tea room of the Windsor Arms so it's a sentimental favourite. Enjoy your trip to Bloor. xo

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...