Hope in Hot Rollers

OK, so I don't know if it's anxiety or age, but I feel like I have about 4 hairs left on my head. Since my hair is also bleached to within an inch of its life, I have to be careful what products I use. I've been using the unshampoos or cleaning conditioners since forever, but I miss that squeaky clean feeling on my scalp and the volume.

A lot of mid-life bloggers I read seem to swear by Kérastase so I decided to try out one of their holiday gift sets.

This stuff is not cheap so I wanted to choose carefully. I filled out their little hair survey and they told me I needed their Chronologiste line to turn back time, just like in the film, About Time.



So far, I'm loving it. Silky, good volume and it feels clean. I've missed lather! I'll let you know how it goes after a month...

I'm also going back to hot rollers since LoL's Sophie swears by them and her hair is perfection. In the late 1990s/early 2000s, when the world had an anemic flat ironed look, I had hair like Texas thanks to hot rollers. I need to get that look back.




When it comes to your locks, are you fighting the good fight? What works for you?



4 comments:

  1. Oribe Beautiful Blonde. Only styling when absolutely needed...a ball cap or now a winter skull cap is my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. Oribe has good stuff!

      Delete
  2. Hair! It's always a trial I think. I have thin hair, but a lot of it. It tends to go wavy and frizzy, and is difficult to manage. I remember the hot roller days, and I personally never subscribed to the hot iron phase. With my hair type it would go so limp and flat It'd look incredibly anaemic. I've always embraced the big round brush blow dry and the volume shampoo. I do have Cloud 9 rollers which I love though. You dry your hair almost to dry point, then put in the rollers to finish it off. They claim it's a blow dry in a case, and they're not too wrong. Unfortunately it's fairly time consuming so I don't do this often enough.
    Love the change of title of the blog too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those rollers sound great. I have a roller brush thing from my stylist that sounds similar. Great look but yes, the time. Thanks for your tips! xo

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Chakras for the Chanel Set

Inspired by Chanel Thank you for your kind inquiries into my health. I was at the surgeon yesterday and the aftercare doctor ran a ...