Oh Christmas Tree



Well, we did it. We put up the Christmas tree this weekend and it is still standing. Bravo! Brava!

We hung the stockings - all 9 of them! I think our fireplace makes up look like The Duggars. Some are for pets, but still!

We had a nice weekend. On Friday, I picked up my wedding dress at Pearl Bridal House in Port Credit. I love Port Credit. I could live there. (Notice a theme?) The dress still fits, which is always excellent. Usually my daughter plays bridesmaid but she had badminton practice so instead I enlisted my son. The boutique manager has an in-depth knowledge of Pokemon cards so he was kept amused.



This weekend, the Mr. and I met with the caterer so this wedding thing is starting to seem quite real. We are not having a traditional wedding but instead a party with food, champagne, and dancing. I'm now starting to look forward to it. Before, we were simply too busy to really think about it.

On Sunday, I re-read the excellent They Left Us Everything, by Plum Johnson. We'll be discussing it at the 1010 Park Place book club on Tuesday and the author will be participating. If you are in the sandwich generation and are helping aging parents, or are simply interested in an exploration of family, memory and legacy, it will really speak to you. If you are looking for a great read during a mid-life change such as divorce, death, or other loss, Oprah's Little Guide to Starting Over is also terrific.

I had a chance to do some holiday shopping in Oakville with the lovely DaniBP. We popped into Lilly Pulitzer and Soap & Water and had a civilized lunch. I bought Watts & Co tapers at Soap & Water, which are burned in all the best houses of worship. Fancy!

It was an excellent day. My favourite part of blogging has always been getting to know some truly lovely people in real life.


The rest of the week is quite filled with lunches and coffee dates and tournaments and recitals. It's that time of year: busy but festive. Hope you are having a lovely December too. 



4 comments:

  1. I just got a xmas tree too - it's tiny but broke the drought of many years.
    How lucky you guys are near enough to meet up! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need an overseas road trip one of these days so we can go with you on your adventures!

      Delete
  2. I am getting so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Chakras for the Chanel Set

Inspired by Chanel Thank you for your kind inquiries into my health. I was at the surgeon yesterday and the aftercare doctor ran a ...