Excellent TV and a Royal Connection

I returned home from our cruise to a DVR full of excellent television. Ladies of London, RHOBH and Nashville.

I think the reason I so love Ladies of London so much is that I'm a secret royal. I just discovered that, according to family lore, my great great grandfather was the illegitimate son of the Duke of Devonshire's son. My great great grandfather attended public school - something his single mother could never have afforded. And when he married, the Duchess of Devonshire paid for his bride's wedding dress. The dress hangs in a museum near Chatsworth.  Why, I'm practically Debo! Do you think that this entitles me to stay at Chatsworth whenever I'm abroad?

Now it all makes sense: I'm illegitimate royalty. My royal blood goes unacknowledged. No wonder I'm the way I am!




Preaching to the choir: in spite of my pedigree, I spend my time stuffed into a tote bag in Stepford! 

The little kids and I went skiing on the weekend while the Mr. had his youngest at a hockey tournament. We stayed overnight and, holy hello, it's still a lot of work. Thankfully the resort served up the best chili ever and that makes up for a lot. Plus, we watched Best in Show and ate Hickory Sticks. It was nice bonding time.

I'm currently reading Ann Patchett's Commonwealth. Boy, oh boy, it's good. Highly recommend. And, of course, I hope you are reading Caroline Leavitt's Cruel Beautiful World: A Novel. We're bookclubbing it at 1010ParkPlace.com on January 31. It's won a zillion awards and it very readable so I'd love y'all to join the fun.

I hope you have a lovely week ahead. I plan to do some budgeting (what fresh hell) and meal planning (fresher hell.) And I need to start shopping for the Lunenburg House. I think I'll be knee deep in Ikea at some point this spring. All hail the Allen Key.

We need a name for the Lunenburg house. I'm thinking Luney Bin as a working title. What do you think?

Stay safe, kittens...






8 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!! I stayed at Endsleigh in Devon and it was so lovely and you must go now too Jen. Have you read Georgiana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. But I will now. I'd love to go to Endsleigh. I can visit the relatives! lol

      Delete
  2. Haha! You make me smile as I'm sipping on my first cup of coffee. Not an easy task my friend. And of course you're royalty. I knew it all along. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I love Luney Bin!
    You are practically Debo, my gosh. How interesting is that. Love the detail about the wedding dress too.
    I read Commonwealth a couple of months ago and I loved it. As far as tv we just finished watching Nobel and it was amazing, so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite excited. I must watch Nobel. Always in search of good TV (something a little bit classier than my RH shows!!) xo

      Delete
  4. I could tell you were royalty! I like Luney Bin. It has a nice ring to it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Chakras for the Chanel Set

Inspired by Chanel Thank you for your kind inquiries into my health. I was at the surgeon yesterday and the aftercare doctor ran a ...