Words of wisdom and Wellness Wednesdays


Ahh, more words of wisdom from Ms. Caroline Stanbury. It's true, isn't it: one is never itchy in Gucci.

I loved this week's episode of Ladies of London. Kudos to Marissa for coming forward about her struggle with post natal depression. As long-term readers know, I started blogging over a decade ago during my struggles with PPD. We've made a lot of headway, but it's still a bit taboo.

I'm going to kick off a little feature known as Wellness Wednesdays to highlight some of the tools I'm using to help me get well. I know a lot of you who have made your way over here are also in a season of midlife renewal, so I hope it might help you too.

I write a lot about Cheryl Richardson, whose Art of Extreme Self-Care session I attended years ago at Kripalu. There is an online version through Hay House that I'd recommend if you are the type of person who gives your energy to others, often at your own expense. If you are on a budget, you can read her book, The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time.

I love her My Daily Affirmation Cards: A 50-Card Deck to keep me on track. I think they are the prettiest of the affirmation cards on the market as I prefer good photography to oddly drawn gnomes and such.

I'd love to hear what works for you so feel free to join the conversation.


1 comment:

  1. hello......Depression is an emotional symptom, often seen in a negative attitude, low mood and loss of interest in people and things that are normally of interest. It may even involve feelings of guilt, low self-worth, having low energy, poor concentration, disturbances in ability to sleep, disordered appetite. The feelings of sadness, despair and discouragement can be profound.Read More-Depression Counseling Online for Women

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...