Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, lovely people.



I hope you are having a good one. It's a day that can be fraught with peril, isn't it.

The Mr. added a new bird to my collection. He knows me well.

/via/


It's a pink lipstick kind of day, no?



I've started Pilates classes. I never knew moving my leg an inch in the air could be so bloody painful. Serious respect to you reformer gals.

I'm starting research on my next book. I'm such a research geek. The book is all about how our personal narrative shapes how we live, although that does not sound sexy enough to sell. I'll have to glam up the title over the next little while. In the meantime, I get to lie around on the sofa reading Joseph Campbell.

I'm also trying to figure out marketing stuff since it's an inevitable part of the whole writing process and it's been years since I sat in a marketing class. I made a little PDF ebook based on my article, the Reversal of Fortune Survival Guide. I've set it up so you can get it if you subscribe to my weekly email. Look at me being all marketing-y. Marie Forleo would be proud.

Are y'all watching the new Nashville? I had a bit of trouble getting into it because the film quality is not as good as when it was on ABC. It's all sort of sepia-toned like The Beachcombers use to be and I'm used to my bubblegum-coloured Real Housewives shows. But it's the same cast and even better music and now I'm hooked again.

I hope you are having a happy Tuesday. Can you believe we are already half way through February? Where does the time go?

XO







5 comments:

  1. Can't believe we're halfway through February! This is great because soon it will be March Break. Pilates is very difficult and I stopped doing it last year because I just find the form so hard to master without one-to-one instruction. I guess I'll stick to my Classical Stretch. But sometimes I miss stretching around on the reformer, wish I had one of my own.
    I can't get into Nashville, but I didn't watch from the beginning so I think that's the issue. I should find another show though because I'm watching way too much political news these days. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied below. I'm quite inept these days! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I need to look into Classical Stretch. I must do something on a more regular basis since I'm so sore from Pilates. A Reformer of One's Own: it's an updated version of what we all need! And yes, a break from the political news is much needed. It's far too grim. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilates is so good for you...and hard! I've only taken a few classes and was so sore afterwards I chickened out. Your new book sounds great! I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

See Hear Love Taping

Happy Monday! Teddy says hello! He loves to chew on just about everything, but his favourites seem to be LL Bean's Wicked Good Sl...