Spring has sprung

Hello y'all!

It's been positively balmy around here. I fear that ski season may be coming to a premature end, but I'm happy to see the sunshine. We had a long weekend and instead of going up north to ski, we drove to a beach and ate ice cream. (I was in a jacket: it's not that warm!)

I'm so looking forward to spring this year. I love between Valentine's day and Easter. I guess I'm a Lent kind of girl. I find that the light is bright, the spring fashions are arriving, and everyone feels hopeful since the days are growing longer.

I had to bring home these shoes from J Crew's spring sale in anticipation.



I also picked up another one of these oval clips in the pink lucite (I have the dark tortoise.)



On Saturday, the Mr. and I went to Hamilton to try out Mattson and Co. on Locke Street. What a lovely spot. The food was delicious and I had a terrific viognier. I can't drink red wine but like something a bit more complex that most whites and, for me, a good viognier fits that bill. We chatted briefly with Ronn, the owner. We then snuck over to Detour for their vegan Hello Dolly bar. Because I can't eat egg, I have to skip most restaurant desserts so this was a treat. We also popped into Pure Home. The Vintage Peony candle smells delicious for spring and I love to shop locally.

The rest of the weekend was kid focused with country drives, the auto show, Forza, tv-marathons, shopping, and restaurant visits. If you have a chance to watch the Tiny House doco on Netflix do: it's very good. Ditto for Minimalism and Tony Robbins I Am Not Your Guru. Bring tissues for all of them.

I have to thank Patricia for linking me to the Widower of the Parish columns at the Observer: very relevant and very well written! It's well worth a read even if you don't share his experience. I also finished The Color of Rain. I liked the movie better (which is rare for me!) but it's still a good read.

I've done up a little printable as I practice my design skills. Feel free to download and print!

Have a lovely Tuesday. 

xo




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, glad you enjoyed the columns. I wonder how long he will continue to write them? I'm glad to see the snow slowly melt, but somehow I don't think I'll be putting the parka away yet! :0) Enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a good writer. Hopefully he keeps writing for a while. I'd love to see him find new love. It's so warm here today. Feels like spring is here to stay but I've been tricked before! xo

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...