Monday update

Happy Monday!

I hope you had - or are continuing to have - a lovely weekend.

We went to my favourite outdoor antiques market at Christie Conservation.






One could be shuffled off this mortal coil Debo Style in this wicker casket. 


I picked up a little painting for the kitchen here or in Nova Scotia.


It's not a significant piece. It was painted by an amateur in 1959. But I love the soft colours and attempts to capture texture and light. And at the price asked, it was a steal. 

I also picked up an Agatha bracelet. Agatha is one of my favourite places to grab cute things in France and I was happy to pick up a cute scotty dog charm bracelet for a song.

This weekend, we placed our first big order of furniture for the Coastal Cottage. I've not managed a design project this far away before so we shall see how it goes. It seems straightforward but I've lived long enough to know that there are almost always some hiccups.

This is the inspiration, from Ikea.


White slipcovered sofas and chairs, blue accents, white walls, natural wood. I want calm and oceany. We want to make sure it's writer-friendly so we got a little desk to fit under a dormer window. I can't wait to see it all put together.

I've been eating for Canada and need to find a new workout regime. I miss my step classes, but between vertigo and an unhealed eye, am staying away for now. I might join a new/old yoga studio. My old instructor from the city is back in Ontario but is located an hour and a half away. Still, it may be worth the drive. She remains one of the calmest people I've ever met. Even when her house burned down she was chill. I could use some of that! 

I returned to church this weekend for the first time in a long time. I have a complicated history with this church, but it was time. The music and the message were very strong and I'll be back for the next three weeks of this particular sermon series. The teaching pastor referenced Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, which I always like. Perhaps, I'll be back for good. 

I hope you have a lovely week. 

XO










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

See Hear Love Taping

Happy Monday! Teddy says hello! He loves to chew on just about everything, but his favourites seem to be LL Bean's Wicked Good Sl...