A New Week

Happy Monday, y'all.

I hope you've had a fantastic weekend. The kids had a PD day so the weekend was extra-long. We managed to get in a couple of movies, the batting cage, an al fresco lunch by the water, shopping, hitting the tailors, brunch, dinner out, a BBQ, and church.

Phew. I'm tired. Wish it were the weekend.





We also picked out the hardwood for the Stepford reno. We are doing a greyed hardwood. I wanted to keep the existing floors because I hate the idea of packing things up, but in the end, I just could not stand them and it's easier to do everything at once. It should really transform the look of the house.



Also, I bought a computer monitor the size of the moon. Because corneal damage.

I've been listening to Lysa TerKeurst's book, Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely. It's quite excellent and talks about not letting the noise of the outside world into your head. TerKeurst has a self-deprecating, non-judgemental style that is very readable. And, at times, it feels like she's in my head such as when she points out that the things that drive our unhappiness are not necessarily the Big Sins, but things like "fueling your sense of worth with your child’s successes, and spending outside of your means to constantly dress your life in the next new thing." Can I get an amen! She keeps things grounded in middle-aged, suburban reality, which I always appreciate.

This week is a busy one. This time of year is always nuts. I envy my American friends, who are already enjoying the summer holidays and not making school lunches.

Stay sane, my friends.

XO




2 comments:

  1. i really hope you eye issues clear up completely. it really is such a drag. not in anyway comparable but why is it always you only realise how great health is until you are ill - been totally ill last 2 weeks and it was only flu with allergies and that did me in. sending you healing vibes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Naomi. It is a drag. I'll get more information in August but I'm setting my mind to the fact that this may be how it is. Thankfully the one eye is OK and I can still drive! Hope you are feeling better soon. xo

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Not all beach walks and clam chowder

For the most part, our seaside adventure has been a good one. You can't beat the view. The beaches are beautiful. And the clam chowder i...