Anti-Inflammatory Diet

I've been run down lately and realized my crashed immunity may have something to do with my terrible diet. We've been eating out a lot and I've been having a lot of sugar. I don't eat much dessert because of an egg allergy, but I tend to mainline milk chocolate almonds.

I've been doing a lot of research on inflammation since my asthma and mild arthritis both flare up when my eating habits start to slide. As we head into the season of BBQ and ocean-side glasses of wine, I want to make sure I have a good sense of foods that will serve me well.

After a bunch of reading, these seem to be the winners from an inflammation point of view. It's a pity, since I live on cheese and sugar. I wonder if Rosé is considered a legume?



Stay healthy!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I love this as a great start. I believe that God made each of us unique thus no one size fits all fix. Both my youngest son and I have different anti-inflammatory diseases. He can't do anything that is in the orange family, oatmeal, rice, soy, legumes, caffeine, eggs, or dairy. I on the other hand can't do eggs, grains, soy, legumes, chicken, pork, anything with a pit in it (including olive oil), melons, carrots, or squash. One of the major causes of flare ups for both of us is the nightshade group, tomatoes, potatoes (except sweet), peppers (except for black), and paprika. Growing up in AZ and having to go without chilis is hard. It also knocks out BBQ, pizza, and spaghetti sauce. As our doctor says, listen to you body and keep track of what causes the triggers. Most list do include on the No! list eggs and nightshades. Listen to your body it is usually 3 days after you eat something that it will cause a flare up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Bonnie. I so agree! I can't do citrus, eggs, salmon or corn, and think I need to expand the list. Whenever I eat against type, the mild arthritis in my hands flares up. I'm going to consider your list as a guide too. I have The Daniel Plan kicking around somewhere in my house and might give that a try as well. As I recall, it has a lot of anti-inflammatories in it. I'm glad your diet is working for you. It's a frustrating process, but I imagine once you discover the good and bad food, life improves considerably!

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Life's a beach

After a whole lot of packing and driving and putting together furniture and dealing with the water, this is what it's all about... ...