Brora, Swan Lake, and Kimmy Schmidt

Happy Monday!

Are any of you watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Season 1 is so good. Jane Krakowski is hilarious and Mr. SxSW says she reminds him of me. I have no idea why - I have yet to receive a bouquet of dogs.


/via/

I did receive a little something from Brora, which was un unexpected surprise.

They'd sent me a skirt in my size that was meant for another Jennifer Lawrence.  I have a doppelgänger! Brora was most apologetic. After a few calls, we collectively managed to reroute the package. They sent me a pair of the cashmere tights I love as a little thank you for my troubles.

Speaking of doppelgängers, on Saturday, I took my daughter to see Swan Lake. I love that ballet. So dark and moody. And the costumes are so magical. Normally, I hate dark films but I've always liked Black Swan. I say it's because I love the whole metaphor about the artistic process, but really it's because I love the costuming byAmy Westcott and Rodarte.

/via/




/via/

/via/

/via/

In my mind, I have a ballerina's discipline and wear only black, grey and pale pink.

In reality, I eat my weight in BBQ ribs as part of Father's Day celebrations, and dress in whatever I just found on Anthropologie's sale rack. 

XO



2 comments:

  1. You have fabulous style!! Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right the clothes in that movie were amazing. Isn't Brora so terrific at the customer service. Who is this other JL? What a mystery!
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Jackie

/via/ I saw the movie Jackie on Netflix last night. I've been wanting to see it since it was in the theatres, but the timing never ...