Happy Tuesday!



It's been a week of celebration around here. Yesterday, was Serena's birthday. The birthday girl enjoyed her cakes.






Tonight is my son's grade 6 graduation and tomorrow is my daughter's grade 8 grad. Tonight's event is simple. Tomorrow's involves fancy dresses, heels, and hair.

In between, I'm writing writing writing. It's so much harder with my eyes, but the subject matter is invigorating. I'm writing some of the novel and I'm writing about ways to deepen one's faith, something newly close to my heart.

I'm not entirely sure what called me back to the church. After several months of wandering in the desert, the scales fell from my eyes in early May. Ironically, it was while I was healing from eye surgery. The writer in me kind of loves the symbolism. Perhaps this is the beauty from ashes that I so need.

Part of what compelled me to renew my faith was the actions of Christian friends. One friend in particular, who saw I was getting distracted by the wrong things, decided to simply step up the level of her friendship and be there for me in spite of her very busy season.

Part of it was stumbling upon Lysa Terkeurst's Univinted, which felt like it was written specifically for me and kicked off a new season of reading that is continuing to shape my beliefs. They are stronger now than ever.

I'm amazed at the speed at which this has happened, but - then again - God has a way of accelerating everything when it's time. As Isaiah 43:19 describes, See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

All I know is that I'm feeling better than I've felt in a very long time.

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Happy Saturday and makeup picks!

Hope you are all having a great week. It's been rainy-gloomy here. I want it to snow already! I have my snow tires on and my four whee...